What is Command and Control?
Command and Control is one of REDCOM’s core tenets. From REDCOM’s perspective, Command and Control (C2) refers to the strategic, operational, and tactical communications systems used to manage the mission and synchronize situational awareness. Our C2 solutions include the core functionality — voice, video, and chat — required in all environments, from the network operations center out to the tactical edge. These C2 solutions enable warfighters to sustain communications across the echelons, including in denied environments.
Command and Control: the foundation
Command and Control is the foundation upon which expanded C4ISR and C5ISR functions are built. C4ISR adds Computers, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance, while C5ISR adds extremely important Cyber considerations into the equation. Together, C5ISR capabilities “enable information dominance and decisive lethality for the networked Soldier”, according to the United States Army. Read more about C5ISR on our blog.
Before commanders add additional technology, features, and functions into the mix, it’s essential that they first have a strong C2 platform as a baseline. This is where REDCOM excels.
Command and Control solutions from REDCOM
Unit leaders need access to a command and control suite that provides consistent access to mission-critical information in order to maintain continuity of operations, maneuverability, and superiority within the battlespace.
REDCOM’s C2 solutions enable warfighters and commanders to sustain communications, regardless of endpoint, environment, or technology used.
At the heart of REDCOM’s C2 product family is REDCOM Sigma, a lightweight but powerful command and control software platform.
REDCOM Sigma was selected by the United States Army Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications-Tactical and is being deployed to multiple programs within the U.S. Army at the battalion level and below.
- Improves operational flexibility – Low-SWaP software can be deployed on any Intel-based appliance
- Endpoint agnostic – enables just about any endpoint to talk to each other (IP, RF, TDM, analog).
- Interoperable – works with existing equipment; no need to rip and replace.
- Incredibly easy to use – Sigma’s intuitive UI reduces training and ramp-up time.
REDCOM Sigma XRI
Sigma XRI expands on Sigma by combining our C2 software with a ruggedized, low-SWaP, purpose-built C2 hardware platform. Sigma XRI empowers warfighters with the capability to talk across the spectrum to disparate communications devices, while also reducing manpower, lowering end item cost, and conserving training resources.
Sigma XRI benefits:
- Fast deployment time – the entire solution can be set up and operational within minutes.
- Built for contested environments – enables warfighters to maintain situational awareness for troop and equipment maneuverability.
- Solves Joint/Coalition interoperability challenges – bridges the gap between disparate IP devices and radio nets on different frequencies.
- Radio over IP (RoIP) – integrates multiple disparate radio networks into a SIP-based C2 network