Designed to support U.S. DoD modernization strategies, REDCOM Sigma delivers a complete Command & Control solution for government and defense, from tactical command posts to national and strategic-level communications. The software can function as a stand-alone virtualized Local Session Controller (LSC) or as an adjunct to an existing Enterprise Session Controller (ESC) to deliver advanced voice services such as transcoding and conferencing for red and black networks.
REDCOM Sigma® increases the warfighter’s operational flexibility while reducing size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements. Sigma’s feature set includes VoIP, Video (P2P), Chat/XMPP with Presence, Voice Conferencing, Unified Messaging, and full Multi-Level Precedence and Preemption (MLPP) support. REDCOM Sigma is based on open standards with a focus on security, reliability, and interoperability, and is listed on the DoDIN Approved Products List (APL).
REDCOM Sigma was selected by the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office Command, Control Communications-Tactical for network modernization at the tactical edge. Sigma is being deployed to multiple programs within the U.S. Army at the battalion level and below. Click here to read the entire case study on why the Army selected REDCOM Sigma.
- Intuitive user interface greatly reduces training time and ramp-up time
- Can be deployed in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Supports all major hypervisors or bare metal installations
- Standards-based design works with a variety of third party phones, soft clients, and gateways
- Rapid boot time
- Resiliency to hard shutdown
- Extremely low SWaP
- Works with any device over IP or RF
- Robust access control by user ID, ANI, IN code, or clearance level
- Security level knockdown: plays an optional announcement when an attendee with a lower clearance level enters the conference
- Conference Manager web app for real-time conference monitoring and control
- REDCOM’s Selectable Video Conferencing feature is designed for the tactical edge. This lightweight implementation of video switching is ideal for chaotic, congested, or contested environments where bandwidth is limited.
- Local Session Controller
- Tactical Field Operations
- Strategic Communications
- Command & Control (C2)
- Unified Communications adjunct to existing switch networks from REDCOM and third party vendors
- Secure Conferencing Engine
- Trunking and alternate routing
- Commercial Cost Avoidance
- Auto attendant
- CDR and BellCore AMA
- Configurable report generation
- Integrated Firewall
- DISA security templates
- End instrument provisioning
- SDP manipulation
- Supports both numeric and URI-based routing
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Video (P2P)
- Chat/XMPP with Presence
- Voice Conferencing
- Unified Messaging
- Voice Mail to Email
- Full MLPP Support
- SRTP payload encryption
- TLS encryption for call set-up
- Mutual authentication
- FIPS 140-2
- Suite B
- Certificate Revocation List
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- Secure administration via HTTPS
- RADIUS authentication
- On-demand reports
- Scheduled reports
- Exportable data (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
- Resource utilization reporting
- Precedence and preemption reporting
- Traffic usage details
REDCOM is a Poly US Federal/NATO Solution Advisor
REDCOM Sigma is standards-based, so it works with end instruments from just about any vendor. But if you’re looking for the complete solution, we recommend Poly. REDCOM is authorized to resell the entire suite of Poly VVX and Trio phones.
As of November 2018, Polycom has successfully completed JITC AS-SIP EI testing for the first time and is now fully certified with REDCOM Sigma®, which has been carefully evaluated for cybersecurity (CS) and interoperability (IO) and have been placed on the DoDIN Approved Product List and certified for use as Local Session Controllers (LSC).
Full testing was conducted with the Poly VVX and Trio end instruments. The Poly devices, in conjunction with REDCOM hardware and software, are all certified for AS-SIP. REDCOM Sigma is currently the only Local Session Controller that is fully certified for MLPP using Poly VVX end instruments.