REDCOM SVG Key Benefits
- Improves the cybersecurity posture of voice conferencing
- Enables easy-to-use multi-party ACC-compliant Type 1 communications
- Black side of the network can be anywhere in the world, as long as the endpoints are Type 1 capable
- Resolves “low audio” issues with legacy systems
- Crystal clear voice quality, on both the red and black side of the network
Proven Secure Voice Conferencing for Government Agencies
The REDCOM SVG was developed in partnership with General Dynamics Mission Systems. REDCOM provides the call control and conferencing capabilities, while the General Dynamics Sectéra® vIPer™ phones provide the ACC-compliant Type 1 encryption. REDCOM SVG systems are already deployed within multiple Federal agencies and proven at the highest levels of government.
How the REDCOM SVG works
The REDCOM SVG system starts with a REDCOM HDX 5U system equipped with REDCOM’s Secure Device Interface (SDI) circuit board. Each SDI board enables the REDCOM HDX to interface with up to four standard production General Dynamics Sectéra vIPer phones, which act as voice encryptors for TDM or SIP voice networks. The encryptors allow any HDX line, trunk, or conference port to conduct secure voice communications with any SCIP-capable device. The HDX supports up to 15 SDI boards (and 60 SDI ports) per HDX. Multiple HDX units may be stacked to allow for hundreds of SDI ports per system.
An upgrade path for existing REDCOM HDX customers
In early 2019, the NSA released new Advanced Cryptographic Capabilities (ACC) requirements that effectively ended support for the General Dynamics Sectera® Wireline Terminal (SWT) and the REDCOM SWT-R board. This created a challenge for agencies that require access to red/black networks using a Type 1 gateway device or a Type 1 conferencing solution.
Existing customers that own a REDCOM HDX with the REDCOM SWT-R board and GD SWT encryptors or customers with the REDCOM STE-R board and L-3 STE-R encryptors will be able to replace them with REDCOM’s new SDI board and GD Sectéra vIPer Secure Phones.
This simple upgrade will enable agencies to maintain their REDCOM HDX as a Type 1 secure gateway or secure conferencing system with minimal investment. The REDCOM SDI board will require an update to the software on the REDCOM HDX.
Special SVG Features
- Auto Re-Key – conducts periodic calls to the National Re-Key facility for your vIPer phones
- Auto Un-Lock – maintains an unlock state for your vIPer phones
- MLS (Multi-Level Security) – provides traffic separation to contain multi-level security in one system
- RACCG (REDCOM Automatic Conference Code Generator) – self-provisioning periodic conference code generator (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) – provides calling party’s information to the secure enclave
- Easily integrates with REDCOM’s Advanced Conferencing System (REDCOM Sigma®)
Watch an Introduction to Secure Voice Gateway
Learn More About the REDCOM Secure Voice Gateway
Don’t wait to get your agency ready for ACC compliance! Reach out to the secure voice experts at REDCOM for more information on our Secure Voice Gateway solution.