Support & Maintenance for the REDCOM IMSWorkX Product Suite
REDCOM Support and Maintenance for the IMSWorkX Product Suite is available 24/7, giving peace of mind for the deployment of REDCOM solutions in mission-critical networks. Our dedicated team of engineers provides unparalleled expertise to address your concerns. Our Customer Portal provides Web-based access for reporting issues, user documents, software downloads, and a community knowledge base.
- 24×7 live support (phone/email) by experienced engineers
- Lab/development support
- On-line incident reporting
- Guaranteed response and resolution times
- Secure Customer Portal
- Access to our Community Knowledgebase
REDCOM IMSWorkX Customer Portal Account
We have developed our customer portal to be your main point of contact for all things Support. With an IMSWorkX Customer Portal Account, you will have access to all of your purchased software as well as loads of free high value content distributed by REDCOM. The content provided includes white papers, tutorials, code examples and more. REDCOM creates a secure company profile and sends you a username and password.
User documentation – These guides, intended for Systems Administrators of the REDCOM Application Server and developers using the REDCOM Service Creation Environment, provide information from getting started with the applications through advanced use.
Software – Downloads for easy access to your specific software packages as well as software release notes.
Knowledge Center– Access to a dedicated area where customers creating applications can post ideas, ask questions, and interact with other users as well as the REDCOM team. All users are invited to contribute to and learn from an ever growing knowledge base maintained by REDCOM developers and the REDCOM developer community.
- Interactive, community-driven information center
- Questions can be posted directly to IMSWorkX developers or to our development community.
- Search the knowledge base and browse through a number of topics to look for development ideas
- Seek for answers posted by the community.
Corporate Account Link – Individual user accounts are linked to your company’s Corporate Account to gain access to all IMSWorkX software purchased from REDCOM. This includes the entire REDCOM platform, Applications, and more. You will also have the ability to download any previously released versions of current REDCOM IMSWorkX software you have access to that are still actively supported.
REDCOM Support can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and every day of the year. Response times will vary based on the question or request, support contracts you have with REDCOM, and the REDCOM standard terms and conditions.
All support requests will be assigned a priority level. The priority levels are defined as follows:
- Critical – A critical problem severely affects service, traffic, and maintenance capabilities, and requires immediate corrective action. In a Critical situation, the system is inoperative and your inability to use the product has a critical effect on operations. Any condition that may impact safety is considered a Critical situation.
- Major – A significant incident which causes conditions that seriously affect system operation, maintenance, and administration, and requires immediate attention. The urgency of a Major incident is less than in critical situations because of a lesser immediate or impending effect on system performance. A Major problem can include: reduction in process capacity or accuracy, loss of diagnostic capability, and loss of a feature/functionality.
- Minor – An incident which does not significantly impair the functioning of the system and is tolerable during system use.
- Enhancement Request – Identification of a feature or improvement that will make the product more useful in the future.
A comprehensive training option is available for all REDCOM IMSWorkX products. Our on-site training courses provide customized learning from an experienced, highly skilled engineer. Our instructor will work closely with your team to ensure that all participants meet a high level of proficiency so that you get the most out of your IMSWorkX solution.
Our course outlines, complete with technical documentation, are geared for less lecture and more projects so that your staff can really take the time to learn the products and implement the essential skills necessary for live product execution. Trainee performance is monitored by the trainer and enough time is given to complete the tasks and reflect on the concepts.
- Customized, hands-on mini-projects
- Monitoring of trainee performance
- Technical training workbooks and documentation
Becoming part of the REDCOM family
Training usually occurs once you have received and installed the REDCOM IMSWorkX software products in your environment. Once you become a REDCOM customer, we will support you to get every virtual machine up and running, configured, and communicating live in your lab and/or production environments.
Service Creation Environment Training
This training has a heavy hands-on focus for application developers using the REDCOM Service Creation Environment (SCE) to build applications for IP, IMS and VoIP networks. It includes a number of exercises that begin with simple applications that help the student explore the basics of the development environment, and then move to more complex, real-world applications involving call control, IVR, conferencing, and many other features. This training course is designed to take place on four full days. Concepts include:
- Detailed SIP Overview
- Understand how the various components of the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform interact
- SCE development components
- SIP-Based Applications
- IVR Applications
- Conferencing Applications
- Intelligent Network Applications
- Software-based media server
- Working with email and IMAP storage
- Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Connecting to the XpressWorkXTM Application Server for monitoring with the REDCOM Console
Under the guidance of a skilled engineer, a half-day is spent on every application purchased to insure a high level of competency. Concepts include:
- Navigating user interfaces
- Working with the REDCOM Application Server
- Connecting to the REDCOM Application Server for monitoring with the REDCOM Console
From concept to code, our experienced team provides rapid custom application development
- Experienced, professional software development team
- Developed in-house
- Statement of work detailed definition
- Robust and reliable software
The REDCOM team of engineers can work with you to develop custom applications that exactly fit the requirements of your network. Our experienced engineers have a deep understanding of wireless and wireline technologies as well as SS7 and next generation networks. This depth of knowledge means REDCOM can provide custom solutions that fit seamlessly into your VoBB, VoWiFi, VoIP, VoLTE, IMS, and GSM network infrastructure, as well as address genuine converged network solutions.
Early involvement in the planning and design of your solution puts the REDCOM customer experience team in an excellent position to be your custom application development partner. We work with you to determine the requirements of the application and create a Statement of Work (SOW) detailing the development work to be performed, including the design, architecture, API, Web UI, or other interfaces, and the testing to be completed.
The SOW is reviewed with you, and after the agreement, our development team is off and running on a seamless, tested solution. Using our diverse, in-house resources, we will develop a robust and reliable software solution. Always by your side, we are your long term, reliable partner.
Deployment, Provisioning, and Cutover Services
Now that you have decided to implement the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and the associated solutions, the REDCOM suite of professional services helps you make informed decisions about exactly how to implement these new products into your commercial production environment. Using these services as a whole or à la carte ensures that our solutions perform to your expectations.
- Early Job Conference
- Network Planning and Design
- Data Provisioning/Migration Assistance
- Integration/Interoperability Testing Assistance
- Cut-over Assistance
An assigned REDCOM representative will oversee and manage the scheduling and delivery of services, we well as be the primary contact for all service-related inquiries.
Early Job Conference
A conference call with your team and REDCOM takes place upon receipt of a purchase order. At this conference we will discuss the project plan and define expectations.
Network Planning and Design
A REDCOM representative works with you to assess the current SIP/IP signaling network architecture, understand the required growth and evolution expectations, and subsequently provide design and implementation recommendations to incorporate the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and Solution(s). This service can be provided on-site or remotely.
Data Provisioning/Migration Assistance
REDCOM provisions the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and Solution(s) using either client-provided data or templates supplied by REDCOM. This service can be provided on-site or remotely.
Data provisioning pre-requisites are as follows:
- Client system(s) installed, powered and IP-configured
- All required cable runs and terminations to the next internal hop established and tested (Ethernet,etc.)
- Remote access to client systems from the REDCOM office if remote service is expected
- Integrity of data to be provisioned/migrated validated
Integration/Interoperability Testing Assistance
REDCOM works with you to perform a series of tests to demonstrate that the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and Solution(s) are successfully integrated into your network, and that the system interoperates with the adjacent signaling nodes in the network.
Integration/Interoperability testing pre-requisites are as follows:
- Client system(s) installed, powered, and IP-configured
- All required cable runs and terminations to next internal hop established (Ethernet, etc.)
- Remote access to your REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and Solution(s) from REDCOM office if remote service is expected
REDCOM Support Engineers work with the Client to design and implement the traffic cut-over to the REDCOM Service Delivery Platform and Solution(s). This service can be provided on-site or remotely.
Cut-over pre-requisites are as follows:
- All systems should be fully configured as per requirements defined in the Early Job Conference
- Complete preliminary testing prior to cut-over, if possible