- Responsible for product validation and integration of various solutions, including system software and applications on various hardware platforms. Various telecom technologies utilized, including but not limited to VoIP, Digital Interfaces, and complex protocols.
- Evaluate product reliability on prototypes in field trials and for final product releases.
- Research and acquire relevant specifications and third-party documentation pertaining to integration of related interfacing equipment.
- Interface with customers and/or third-party equipment vendors to coordinate systems integration efforts.
- Develop, document, and implement product testing techniques to carry out test plans. Techniques may include, but are not limited to, regression testing to ensure previously validated features are not affected in new development, test script development and coding. ENGINEERING LEVEL – An Engineer will have the added responsibility for the development of test plans and procedures from a set of pre-defined system requirements.
- Use a variety of test measurement equipment, analyzing equipment, and software applications to evaluate product performance.
- Responsible for fault detection, analysis, isolation, and reporting. Then, work with software engineering team to resolve. Once resolved, validate the fix.
- Ensure product and production goals are met from a design verification and production test perspective.
Knowledge (education and training)
- Strong knowledge in a variety of network protocols and technologies (listed under Critical Skills) attained through the following: Associate’s or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Programming/Engineering, Networking & System Administration, Web & Mobile Computing, Systems/Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or closely related degree
- Attainment of the same level of advanced knowledge through a combination of intellectual instruction (e.g., Industry recognized IT or telecom-related certification OR related university or military program of study) and at least 4 years of directly related work experience.
- IP/SIP routing and network security
- Network protocol analysis tools, such as Wireshark
- Hypervisor experience, such as VMware
- Linux and Windows OS
- Understanding of Web development and scripting languages
- Ability to apply the aforementioned network protocols and technology experience in the performance of fault detection, analysis, isolation, and reporting.
- Work with software engineering in feature development as it applies to initial test results.
- Assist other departments (Customer Service, Sales, Manufacturing, etc.) in product utilization, including configuration of system parameters, installation, or troubleshooting.
Special Working Conditions
- Position requires 6 to 8 weeks of travel per year for product certification testing. This is typically done in two offsite trips (each trip is 2 to 4 weeks long) requiring the ability to travel by air to remote testing facilities.
- May require extended work hours to meet project or customer requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to, and for extended periods of time, stand, reach, hear, have visual acuity, and have manual dexterity (use of fingers for fine activities) due to the nature of the complex array of equipment and products.