- Define and develop test cases in accordance with product test plans. Implement the test cases either as manual procedures or automated tests.
- Design, develop and modify automated product test suites to meet company release objectives.
- Assist in the development of engineering Project Plans
- Provide input and review of Product Test Plans
- Perform tests and experiments to validate and/or recreate customer reported issues
- Acquire an expert level understanding of telephony protocols such as SIP and AIN.
- Read and fully understand documentation and engineering specifications that are public, private and/or provided by customers.
- Create and configure test environments, including Linux virtual machines using libvirt/kvm
- Report Product defects as discovered
- Participate in release management activities
- Utilize ticketing system to track activities
- Expand defined Product Test Plan into comprehensive test cases
- Document Test cases and manual test procedures using project “Wiki”
- Develop and maintain specific product automated test suites
- Develop test suites within RobotFramework test framework
- Implement keywords using Python
- Create test suite deployment with Ansible
- Develop User Interface tests with Selenium
- Utilize SIPp and other traffic generation tools as part of test scenarios
- Utilize subversion for test software version control and management
- Execute all tests developed (manual and automated) and report results
- Maintain the lab environment for the engineering organization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience/training required.
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) as a Software Test Engineer, Software Engineer, or equivalent role
- Ability to prioritize work and be responsible for multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues as related to test development.
- Strong background with Linux systems.
- Some experience with distributed network services desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change based on business needs.Apply Now for this Position