- Responsible for gaining commitment to purchase products and services in order to meet established revenue targets. Revenue targets are set by the Sales Director and are subject to change.
- Develop new sales accounts and deliver incremental revenue from existing sales accounts within the assigned territory and/or market vertical.
- Allocate a minimum of 50% of work time to prospecting and developing opportunities based on agreed to plans with management.
- Maintain existing accounts within the assigned sales region through regular customer contact.
- Proactively and regularly seek knowledge of customer plans and requirements in order to recommend appropriate REDCOM systems for the customer to consider.
- Assist customers with the configuration of REDCOM systems for customer specific applications to supply input for the generation of a proposal.
- Drives sales plan implementation, and products-services introduced by REDCOM. This includes set up and attendance at trade shows, training sessions, and conventions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge (education and training):
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales-marketing executive within a related technical arena. Preferably, telecommunications.
- Demonstrated work history of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Computer savvy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SharePoint, and ERP.
- Demonstrated skills to be able to use the Internet for information searches and social networking activities.
- Critical Skills:
- Must be able to develop and implement business-to-business sales strategies for REDCOM systems in the assigned territory and/or market vertical.
- Must be able to initiate direct customer contact through a combination of phone, letter, email, personal visits, and approved social network interaction.
- Must be able to develop and make presentations by being able to clearly articulate highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- A demonstrable personal workflow process to manage the day to day job requirements
- Sales call planning
- Being able to determine and document Buyer/Seller relationships
- Sales questioning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- On a timely basis, maintain accurate information on the status of all sales opportunities through designated systems of record.
- Provide input to strategic sales and marketing plans formulated by REDCOM Business Development
- Provide input to the Director of Sales supporting the development of the order and revenue forecast
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as needed.
Special Working Conditions
- Must have the ability to travel without restriction within the United States and international. Has to be prepared to travel up to 40%.
- May require extended work hours to meet project or customer requirements. For example, there are times when a customer may have an urgent need and we will work to help them in any way we can.
- Lead or participate in off-hours telephone conference calls or video conference calls with customers or sales prospects in various time zones as required.
- On occasion, support trade shows, which involve some manual labor to set up and tear down the booth.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change based on business needs.
Apply Now for this Position