Announcing Major Enhancements in Version 5 of REDCOM’s Next Generation Carrier-Class Softswitch Solutions
July 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Victor, NY – REDCOM® Laboratories, Inc., manufacturer of innovative telecommunications systems, announced major enhancements in Version 5 of the REDCOM High Density Exchange (HDX) and SLICE® family of products. The HDX and SLICE family of products are advanced Class 4/5 softswitch solutions powered by TRANSip®, REDCOM’s IP technology suite. TRANSip integrates key IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) elements in a single platform with superior call management for call setup, control, termination, and directory services.
Version 5 offers enhanced OpEx-reducing and revenue-generating features and capabilities including:
- SIP Security: Secure SIP communications are protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP).
- Network-based Call Signaling (NCS): Based on Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), NCS supports VoIP service to Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (EMTA) endpoints for cable-based service.
- Enhanced Multifunctional Trunk Interface: The enhanced trunk interface provides seamless interoperability with the SS7 network.
- Enhanced Conferencing Capabilities: Additional conferencing control, display, and monitoring are now available for REDCOM’s Link Command System (LCS), a GUI call management solution that delivers extensive call control, handling, directory assistance requests, and call queue management.
- VLAN Tagging: Enables traffic separation onto different virtual local area networks (VLANs) using IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tags.
REDCOM offers network transformation solutions delivering a remarkable level of interoperability and a mix of value-added services. The HDX and SLICE® family of products provide a wide array of benefits including:
- Reduced footprint
- Low energy consumption
- No scheduled maintenance
- No mandatory support agreements
- No mandatory software upgrades
- No planned obsolescence or end of life strategies
- Fully integrated VoIP in a single platform
- Low-risk legacy switch replacement program
- Extensive list of features and interfaces supported for both legacy TDM and VoIP
This array of benefits enables ILECs/CLECs to retain the investment in the existing network, and replace network elements when it makes technical and financial sense. With no planned obsolescence, and substantial future-proofing, the REDCOM HDX and SLICE® family of products serve ILECs/CLECs long into the future.
For more than 30 years, REDCOM has specialized in the design and manufacture of innovative telecommunications products noted for their quality and reliability. Located in Victor, New York, REDCOM’s global customer base includes commercial telecom carriers, private networks, integrators, emergency responders, and government and defense agencies. All REDCOM products are proudly designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States. For more information about REDCOM’s Carrier-Class softswitch/gateway solutions, please contact a REDCOM customer advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.585.924.6500.