Careers @ REDCOM
REDCOM is Recruiting the Best People in Communications
We are a rare breed — an All American company, from design to manufacturing to sales. Our technology serves the most challenging environments on Earth. Are your skills up to the challenge?
REDCOM is an established equal opportunity employer (EOE) in Victor, New York, a suburb of Rochester, New York. REDCOM specializes in high-tech telecommunications switching system design and manufacture. We have many talented and dedicated engineers on staff. REDCOM’s employees have a wide cross-section of skills and education in engineering and non-engineering disciplines. Some of the areas for which we staff include:
- Engineering – Electrical engineers, real time control software engineers, with C and/or Java experience, and IT software engineers. Telephony, IP, and network knowledge or educational specialization is highly desirable. While REDCOM provides a dynamic, structured environment to ensure high productivity, it also gives substantial freedom to engineers to use and build their skills and knowledge.
- Sales – We sell direct, with our own direct sales staff and sales support staff. This includes technical requirements analysis, quotation, order entry, customer database customization, and customer technical support and training. Positions are staffed by salespersons, engineers and technicians. Education and experience requirements vary depending upon the position.
- Manufacturing – REDCOM builds its own circuit boards and systems. REDCOM circuit boards use surface mount technologies. Positions include test engineering, manufacturing process design, board assembly/testing, system assembly/testing, as well as shipping and receiving. Education requirements vary, depending on job requirements. We cross-train our manufacturing employees, creating a flexible workforce able to meet changing demands, which greatly increases job diversity and satisfaction.
- Facilities – We are proud of our office and manufacturing facilities. Maintenance and housekeeping activities are provided by our own facilities and grounds staff. They are an integral and valued part of our operation.
- Administration – REDCOM administration staff handles purchasing, quality control, and a variety of other administrative activities. We have our own internal accounting staff for all necessary corporate activities. Dedicated IT servers equip them with the necessary tools, fully integrated with the rest of our corporate activities and systems. Education and experience requirements vary depending upon position.
REDCOM offers a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to ten paid holidays, REDCOM employees enjoy three weeks of vacation time after only one year. We offer company paid life insurance, a 401(a) profit sharing plan, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, a tuition reimbursement plan, and a generous benefits plan including supplemental life insurance, medical insurance, dental insurance, and more.
State of the Art Facility
REDCOM’s workforce enjoys a comfortable, well maintained office and manufacturing facility. This 140,000 square foot facility is located on forty acres in suburban Victor, New York. Our manufacturing floor is built around a large, treed atrium. We have a health facility open to all employees, with two racquetball courts, exercise/workout equipment, saunas, and a large Jacuzzi. There is even an equipped radio shack for Ham radio operators. The grounds include walking paths through wooded areas.
Rochester and Upstate New York
Located near Rochester, New York, Victor is within driving distance of the Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls, the Adirondack Mountains, and the Catskill Mountains. These provide a wealth of year-round outdoor activities. Rochester also provides excellent access to advanced educational, medical, and cultural resources. For more information on Rochester and Upstate New York, see:
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Official City of Rochester Website
- 13WHAM Radio
- Rochester Made for Living
- Finger Lakes Website
- Local Newspaper (Democrat & Chronicle)
The combination of benefits, location, and work environment has proven highly desirable to REDCOM’s employees. The proof of this is in our turnover rate, which is substantially below industry and local norms. Isn’t it time you considered a career at REDCOM? Send your resume by email to email@example.com by fax to +1.585.924.6536, or mail to REDCOM Laboratories, Inc., Human Resources, One Redcom Center, Victor, New York, 14564.