Local Session Controller (LSC)
The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has certified REDCOM’s Local Session Controllers (LSCs) and has placed REDCOM’s system which includes software Version 4.0 for the HDX and SLICE product families, and Teo® IP phones, on the Unified Capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL).
Local Session Controllers support:
- Assured Services Session Initiated Protocol (AS-SIP)
- Line and trunk side
- Multi-Level Precedence and Preemption (MLPP)
- IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack
- TDM Interfaces
- T1/E1 (CAS and PRI)
- 2-wire POTS
- Basic Rate Interface (BRI)
- Radio interface
- Extreme conference capabilities
In addition to operation as an LSC, REDCOM’s Session Controllers (SCs) can be configured to function as:
- Master Session Controller (MSC): serving in a coordinated cluster with subordinate SCs.
- Subtended Session Controller (SSC): serving as a subordinate when clustered with an MSC.
- Deployed Session Controllers (also known as Failover Session Controllers): supporting Continuity of Operations Capabilities (COOP) communications when a site is isolated from the Enterprise Session Controller (ESC). COOP communications include:
- Audio conferencing
- Intra-base precedence calling capability
- PSTN/DSN access
- Point to point video
- E911 service access
For more information on our communications solutions, please contact a REDCOM customer advocate at 585-924-6500 or click here to send us an email.